Friday 17 June 2011

Thank you - no - thank you!

We just wanted to say thank you to all the customers who take the time to contact us with their feedback.  These are just a few of the many comments received;

Many thanks for getting in touch about the book. It's one I read at school as a small boy. I read it a few times; it was falling apart even then and was eventually binned. I can't remember much about it, other than the barest outline and that it was a particular favourite of mine, the sum total of which has left an itch in the back of my mind for a number of years! I haven't found any copies available until this year, despite going so far as to search websites in its native Germany. I'm oddly excited about reading the story again and as for the postal strike, after 28 years, I think I can stand an extra day or two.

Our first ‘thank you’ Tweet;
Thank you so much for finding the book I was looking for, my memory wasn't quite correct in remembering the title!

I just wanted to send you a quick e-mail to let you how delighted my dad was with the annual. I was too excited to save it so gave it to him. It is a link to his past and especially to his brother who died very young. Thank you so much for your time and trouble, if it wasn't for you I don’t know if I would have ever found the correct one.

Thanks again for your most interesting letter and your web site.  Hope you have the right amount of rain and sun to make your flowers happy.  Looking forward to your "finds" from your next buying trip.

I’m so pleased to have a complete copy of this book again!  I think it must be my favourite book of all time!  It actually belonged to my brother (who is 7 years older) and on having a clear out one day my mum decided to give it back to him thinking his small children would like it.  I was so upset when I found it had gone (even though I must have been at least 20 by then) that she asked him for it back.  Unfortunately it came back in a terrible state and with the last page missing and I've never quite forgiven them!  Thanks again from one very happy customer.

This one made us laugh;
I owned this book as a small child and it helped spark an interest in all things electrical. This led to a 30 year career in the electronics industry. So I was delighted to be able to obtain a copy of it. Thanks for your prompt and efficient service. (Ladybird book The Public services - electricity!)

Please don't thank us, we should be thanking you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comment. Thank you!
Barbara xx