Friday 29 July 2011

Added Value: Things found in books part four

Welcome back...things found in books...

Blow, wind, blow



Blow, wind, blow, and go, mill, go. That the miller may grind his corn: That the baker may take it, and into bread bake it, and bring us a loaf in the morn.

Postcard illustrated by Margaret W Tarrant. Published by Medici, Nursery Rhymes series, undated. Message reads; Dear Jean, you were a lucky girl to have such a lot of presents on your birthday and to have a party too! I wonder if you will be in England for your next birthday. I expect you will. We all send our love to you . Your loving Auntie Maudie.

Found in Stories from the Arabian nights.
The book and postcard featured here are now sold, thank you for your interest.

If you enjoy old bookmarks a visit to Forgotten Bookmarks is a must

How about you?  What do you use as a bookmark?  Have you ever found a lost bookmark? 

4 comments:

  1. I used to use whatever I could find as a bookmark, but over the years I amassed bookmarks from so many differenct places, events etc so now I use a real bookmark whenever I read. Sometimes I forget and leave them in a library book. When I realize I have done that, I always hope that whoever finds it will use it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. barbaraannefisher29 July 2011 at 16:00

    I’ve never found anything in a library book. I wonder if the books are checked before going back on the shelf. There could be a librarian somewhere with a wonderful collection of bookmarks – including some of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to work in a library, and we had a pot of bookmarks we'd found in books. I think the theory was that we kept them in case the owner claimed them. What happened to them when they weren't I'm afraid I have no idea, though I strongly suspect the bin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. barbaraannefisher29 July 2011 at 16:30

    No, not the bin! Next time I’m in our local library I’m going to ask if they have any going spare! Thanks for making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comment. Thank you!
Barbara xx