Thursday 2 July 2015

The Telegraph Bath Children’s Literature Festival is back!

There has never been a better time to visit the beautiful and unique city of Bath! The Festival runs from Friday 25 September – Sunday 4 October 2015.


THE LARGEST DEDICATED CHILDREN’S LITERATURE
FESTIVAL IN THE UK
TEN DAYS and OVER 120 EVENTS FEATURING
 THE BIGGEST NAMES IN CHILDREN’S LITERATURE
INCLUDING:
Julia Donaldson, Cressida Cowell, Jacqueline Wilson,
Michael Rosen, Judith Kerr, Francesca Simon, Axel Scheffler,
Frank Cottrell Boyce, Floella Benjamin, Julian Clary,
Helen Skelton, Sam & Mark, Andy Day
and new Waterstones 2015-2017 Children’s Laureate
Chris Riddell

The Telegraph Bath Children’s Literature Festival, the largest dedicated children’s book festival in the UK, is now in its 9th spectacular year.  This is a festival bursting at the seams with vibrant activity for children of all ages, their families and friends.

Bath Festivals brings leading international performers, writers and thinkers to Bath every year to inspire, entertain and challenge audiences of all ages and artistic tastes.  The festivals champion diversity and collaboration, open people's minds, and showcase the work of both established and up-and-coming performers, all in the special setting that is Bath: a World Heritage Site and one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. 

The full programme is available to view online at www.bathfestivals.org.uk

Have fun!

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I had no idea there was a children's lit festival in Bath and will definitely make a visit my my little man. M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He Marina,
      I’m sure you and your little man will enjoy it – there’s masses going on.

      Delete
  2. One day. I know that my husband too will one day want to be here for several reasons: We love England. We want to see Bath. WE ADORE children's books!

    You are attending, correct? PLENTY OF PHOTOS, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anita, you will love Bath it is a beautiful city.
      I certainly hope to attend some of the events. The hardest part is choosing which ones – I keep making up my mind and then changing it again – I really want to see everything. I promise to keep my camera with me at all times! 

      Delete
  3. Will you be attending, Barbara? If so, I hope you take lots of pictures! xoxo Have a good weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get to as many of the events as I can – there is loads going on. Judith Kerr will be there for the opening on the 25th September I know she is a favourite of yours. Fancy a trip to Bath?

      Delete
  4. What a fantastic list of participating authors, this sounds like an amazing event. Thank you for letting us know about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy, I wish I lived closer as I would like to go to all the events! My poor hubby won’t want to keep driving backwards and forwards to Bath, so I’ve got to made a decision while the tickets are available.

      Delete
  5. It means a lot to me that you came to my post. What a wondrous life this is.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never knowingly miss any of your posts! xx

      Delete
  6. Hello Barbara , it feels great to be back at your lovely blog ! Wow! a bool festival for kids .. That must be a great news for the children of the area !
    In btw is this the same Bath which was a Must visit / mentioned place in Austen's Novels ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kokila, how lovely to hear from you – I will be over to your blog as soon as I’ve left this reply.

      Two of Jane Austen’s novels are largely set in Bath, Northanger Abbey and Persuasion. The Jane Austen Centre, Bath (www.janeausten.co.uk/)
      has a permanent exhibition which tells the story of her time in the city.

      Delete
    2. It's so thrilling ..to visit the past that too, a well preserved one :)Sound wonderful :)

      Delete
  7. Ooh! This sounds wonderful!

    Thank you for sharing, Barbara ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Have a super weekend, Barbara x

      Delete
  8. Last week we were in cheddar and longleat. Originally we had planned to go to Bath to show my niece and nephew to show them the city but due to time constraints we could not make it. Sad we missed it. Sounds like a wonderful festival for kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. How lovely Shashi it's years since we last went to Cheddar – must try to visit again this year. Bath is a wonderful city, but you didn’t miss the festival as it starts in September – so maybe it will be time for another visit by then. 

      Delete
    2. Oh yes I didn't look at the dates. Not sure I will be able to persuade my husband to drive me that way again unless ofcourse if we have visitors which I don't think is going to happen :-)

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful event!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a wonderful event! Wish I lived closer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, that would be fun, we could have a coffee together! :)

      Delete

I really appreciate your comment. Thank you!
Barbara xx